PREZI
The first Web 2.0 presentation tool that I viewed was Prezi. Prezi creates drawings, PDF, images, etc. in a non-linear way. Prezi creates a presentation on a canvas like a whiteboard. Using what I like to call a "brainstorming mind map" you can arrange your work allowing it to flow in a natural way. You can zoom in to emphasis key elements or zoom out to understand the "whole picture." Video and pictures can be embedded into the presentation as well. You can spatially rearrange slides by select panning and group them by topic to avoid disorientation of the viewers.
Prezi supports browsers on Internet Explorer, Safari and Firefox. The following operating systems are supported by Prezi: Window XP, Vista , 7 and MAC OS X. Prezi has student/teacher licenses available. For 500 mb of storage space on Prezi you are able to create a presentation online. present it offline, make your content private and place on logo on the presentation. Easy to use, step-by-step video tutorials, a condensed "cheat sheet," and a tutorial guide are available online for users who are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of Prezi.
Two special features caught my attention. First you have the ability to import slides from a PowerPoint presentation that you have already created into Prezi and create your own presentation. The second feature is you can reuse elements from selected Prezi presentations under a tab labeled "Prezi Reusables.". Presenters can modify or delete the different Prezi's to suit their own needs.
After navigating and exploring the different presentations Prezi is seriously being considered using Prezi for my course project on the brook trout. Prezi has been used my principal at staff meetings and staff in-services. She stated it took her awhile to navigate and learn the various different functions. It allows for many different ways to present a topic or presentation.
280 Slides
A second presentation tool that I toured and explored is 280 Slides. Taking the tour of this program reminds for an upscale version of PowerPoint. 280 Slides supports the major browsers like Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer and is easily accessible from any computer. When finished you can save the document in Powerpoint 2007.
Special features include built in media support called "Media Inspector" where you can upload your own images or search for ones on the web. 280 Slides allows you to share your presentation in three ways: publish to SlideShare.net, email the document as an attachment and create a permanent link and embed your presentation.
It would be a web tool worth considering for the project as the setup is very similar to PowerPoint.
Mark,
ReplyDeleteI preview the same tools and wanted to choose Prezi because it was "different," but after exploring and trying to input a presentation I found it to be too stressful to create a project that will be graded. Then, like you I thought what if I create a powerpoint that I can then import into a Web 2.0 Tool, but when I tried 280 slide, it bounced back with an error. I think the size was too big. I'm not sure if I can take the risk of loosing information on the wild world wide web.
I previewed the same tools and decided to use Prezi. I have really enjoyed working with this presentation tool. I like how you termed it "brainstorming mind map" because that it what I feel like I am doing. My frustration is time. I can create a beautiful power point presentation in hour or so, but I am estimating I am on 6 or more hours in just this first section. I know there is a learning curve and I am starting to get faster.
ReplyDeleteI was telling my principal about using Prezi. I told her when I am finished I will show it to everyone because of the amount of time it will take me to finish.